SETTING AND ACHIEVING GOALS
A GOAL is a statement expressing what you want to achieve. Whether in your personal life or your business life, without the direction of goals it is difficult to a have a clear idea of what you want to achieve. Goals are the means to turn your dreams into reality.
Goal setting should be used as a tool in the management of your business and you also need to consider setting goals for your personal life as well. You now what they say about “all work and no play.”
Hints for setting goals
- Write them down – you can then refer back to them and evaluate against them later on
- Make them achievable and realistic – don’t make them too easy or too hard
- Make them specific and measurable - so you know when you get there.
- Write them in the present tense and make them TIME specific – ie: “I will own a Porsche on 1 January 2004.”
- Review your goals – they may not be relevant anymore – you might get given a Porsche before the January 2004
Hint for achieving goals
- After you make the goal break it down into several smaller steps (Objectives). This will make attaining your goal easier to manage.
And remember to celebrate and recognise the efforts of your staff when you achieve a goal. It’ll make the next goal even easier !!!
corvettepartsandaccessories made a real revolution in the industry.